Star Wars ComLINKS: Favorite Bounty Hunter

Star Wars ComLINKS | Anakin and His Angel

Welcome to the twenty-ninth Star Wars ComLINKS! This is the first and only monthly link up. The purpose of this link up is to inspire fans to write/talk about various topics (which are assigned each month) pertaining to our favorite fandom. Each link up will take place on the second Wednesday of every month. You will be given the opportunity to share a link to your Website, Blog, YouTube, Podcast, etc. on a special linkup widget here on AAHA and also view other posts from fans! Your contribution will also be shared on social media!

"Favorite Bounty Hunter" begins today through May 23rd!

"Bounty Hunters. We don't need their scum!" Ohhh, but they're just too much fun not to have around. Am I right? Which Bounty Hunter is your favorite? From the ruthless Cad Bane to the iconic Boba Fett, there are plenty to choose from. What is it about them that you love? Talk about the scene you enjoy seeing them the most in or their weapon and how they use them. These are just a few prompts to help you get started.


GUIDELINES

1) Your Website, Blog, YouTube, Podcast, etc. does NOT have to be SW related.
2) Your entry must be family-friendly.
3) Please include a link to (or mention) "Star Wars ComLINKS" in your entry and don't forget to use the hashtag #starwarscomlinks when applicable!






Star Wars ComLINKS: Favorite Bounty Hunter | Anakin and His Angel

Some of you might not know that I'm a casual Boba Fett Fan. I even contribute to the Boba Fett Fan Club's social media pages which mostly consists of fashion, new merch and flash sales. But I'd be lying if I told you that he is my favorite out of all of the Bounty Hunters in the Star Wars Universe. So who's the lucky guy? Why, it's the ruthless tooth pick using Duros known as Cad Bane of course. The idea for this character was originally created by George Lucas himself during old drafts from the Original Star Wars Trilogy and was thankfully brought to life by the Supervising Director of The Clone Wars, Dave Filoni.

Did you know?

The character of Cad Bane was based on Lee Van Cleef's "Angel Eyes" from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

-Wookieepedia

Star Wars ComLINKS: Favorite Bounty Hunter | Anakin and His Angel

Star Wars ComLINKS: Favorite Bounty Hunter | Anakin and His Angel

When we were first introduced to Cad Bane in Star Wars: The Clone Wars in the episode Hostage Crisis I was instantly hooked. Bane is that guy who's in charge and everyone knows it. Even fellow Bounty Hunters know their place when he's around. In this particular episode he leads Aurra Sing, IG-86, Robonino, Shahan Alama and even a few droids to assist him in taking several Senators hostage on Coruscant in an attempt to free Zero the Hutt. We learn very quickly that he will do whatever is necessary to get what he wants and we see repeatedly throughout the series that if he's compensated according to his terms he'll take on any job and eliminate anyone who comes in his way. Here's a clip from the episode Evil Plans as a reminder:



Did you know?

At Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017, Dave Filoni revealed an unfinished and unaired episode of The Clone Wars featuring Cad Bane and Boba Fett in a show down. In this episode we find out how Boba got the dent on his helmet which was another idea George Lucas had.

Watch the episode here!

Star Wars ComLINKS: Favorite Bounty Hunter | Anakin and His Angel

Cad Bane has that cowboy vibe about him that demands everyone's attention. He's so good even the worst of the worst (Palpatine anyone?) hire him for the most complex and dirty jobs that they know only he can accomplish. I think this is one of the reasons I like him so much. He's confident and determined and gets the job done! I also love seeing Cad Bane in battle. His fighting techniques are agile and precise and he has everything from blasters to wrist gauntlets to make sure he comes out alive. He's also killed and fought many Jedi so if that doesn't tell you that he means business, I don't know what will! As for his attire, the hat and coat are my favorite pieces because I love the bold statements they make. The breathing tubes also make for a unique and edgy look and are said to aid him in harsh atmospheres and prevent him from being force choked. I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere but I do like these theories!

If there was one feature that I could choose that I think makes the character of Cad Bane I would say it's his voice. It's calm but cool with a slight computerized vibe about it. I think it's safe to say that he has one of the best voices in all of Star Wars. Am I right?

Did you know?

Cad Bane's iconic toothpick was originally intended to be a cigarette, but the idea was dropped due to its negative and commercial-like message.

-Wookieepedia

Star Wars ComLINKS: Favorite Bounty Hunter | Anakin and His Angel

My hope is that some day we'll see Cad Bane again in a future Star Wars project because he is such a well rounded character that I was obviously quite fascinated by and I would very much like to not only know more about him but see his story concluded.

Tell me, who is your favorite Bounty Hunter? Write a post or discuss it on your podcast and if you don't have time for that, leave a comment below and tell me why they're your favorite!

2 comments

  1. Cad Bane is my favorite bounty hunter as well. The guy was smooth and always seemed to be one step ahead of the Jedi and everyone else. I love his action figure.

    I thought I read somewhere that they were going to do an episode of Cad Bane giving Boba Fett some training before TCW got canceled. I would have loved to have seen that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is definitely skilled enough to be one step ahead of the Jedi! I hope he is brought pack in a cartoon or movie at some point!

      Delete